Thursday, March 03, 2011

Cap Jay



Cap Jay
Most of Indonesian people eat rice three times a day. So most of us cook several kinds of food in the morning to be eaten by the whole family since morning, for breakfast, until night, for dinner. But not in my family, I mean my family before I get married. We take bread in the morning, and for lunch and dinner we take rice. But in my husband’s family, they take rice three times a day. Now, in my small family, I still take bread or anything that can replace it for breakfast and still preparing food for the whole day. I have a 2 years old kid in the house, so mostly I make soup. I love vegetable so much. This is one of the famous Chinese foods; I change it a bit, so it’s easier for my child’s tongue to receive it. Tasted so light, but still spicy.  It’s called Cap Jay. Slices of vegetables stir-fried in tomatoes.
Ingredients:
Garlic 3, crushed
Big leek 1, cut in pieces
Big tomato 1, cut in pieces
Salt
Pepper 1 tsp
Soy sauce about 1 tbsp
Sugar ⅓ tsp
Chicken / shrimp / beef about 100 g, cut in slices
Carrots 3, cut it thin pieces
Beans 10, cut it thin pieces
Small cauliflower cut in florets
Baby corn, cut it pieces
This is what you have to do:
o       Stir-fry garlic in a hot oil. Add, in order, leek, tomato, salt, pepper, and stir till mixed together and oily.
o       Add soy sauce and sugar, stir well. Put in meat, let it cooked.
o       Put in the vegetables, stir well, and close the wok.
o       Let it cooked. Serve it with hot rice.
February 15, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment